To qualify for most grants, students must be enrolled full-time (12 semester hours or more). Most loans require at least half-time enrollment, which is federally mandated as at least 6 semester hours. Satisfactory Academic Progress
To qualify for most aid, students must be demonstrating satisfactory academic progress toward their educational goals. At Texas Chiropractic College, satisfactory academic progress for financial aid purposes consists of three measurement components:
- Qualitative (2.0 or higher cumulative GPA)
- Quantitative (full-time)
- Cumulative (15 trimester allowance)
A complete copy of the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy is available upon request or view it by clicking here. Please read the complete Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy to see how your progress will be monitored.
Federal Financial Aid regulations require that Texas Chiropractic College establish, publish and apply reasonable standards for measuring student’s satisfactory academic progress (SAP) in their educational program. The qualitative and quantitative standards used to monitor academic progress must be term/ cumulative and must include all periods of the student’s enrollment including periods for which the student did not receive financial aid. This policy will be enforced at the end of each term.
The Financial Aid Office is required to review your academic record (regardless of the age of the record or whether or not aid was received) to determine if you are in compliance. If you are not in compliance, you will be notified in writing of your denial/suspension and the appropriate appeal procedure. Click here to read more about the appeal process.
Return of Title IV Funds Policy
The Higher Education Amendments of 1998 changed the formula for calculating the amount of aid a student can retain when the student totally withdraws from all classes. Students who withdraw from all classes prior to completing more than 60% of an enrollment term will have their eligibility for aid recalculated based on the percent of the term completed. For example, a student who withdraws completing only 30% of the term will have "earned" only 30% of any Title IV aid received. The remaining 70% must be returned by the school and/or the student. The Financial Aid Office ( FAO) encourages you to read a complete copy of this policy carefully. Click here to review this policy. If you are thinking about withdrawing from all classes PRIOR to completing 60% of the trimester, you should contact the FAO to see how your withdrawal will affect your financial aid.
Calculating Amount of Aid
Eligibility for all financial aid is determined using a federal calculation. This formula compares a student's "cost of attendance" to their EFC, (Expected Family contribution), to determine "financial need." The financial aid policy of TCC is to help meet the financial need of all qualified students through the use of one or more forms of aid available from federal, state, institutional, and outside sources.
The following is an example calculation of need and eligibility for a graduate student for a one trimester period of full-time enrollment:
COST OF ATTENDANCE (example only, not reflective of 2012-13 costs)
|Books and supplies||+ $1,374|
|Room and Board||+ $5,079|
|Personal Expenses||+ $1,019|