The Mae Hilty Memorial Library
The academic heart of Texas Chiropractic College is the Mae Hilty Memorial Library. Located on the first floor of the Learning Resource Center, the library offers students—as well as the chiropractic community at large—a wealth of learning resources to augment and support the TCC curriculum.
In addition to wireless Internet access, the library provides a number of resources to patrons, including:
- Reference materials, interlibrary loans, bibliographic instruction, and circulation
- Chiropractic, medical, basic science, and other scientific journals and books
- Multimedia and audiovisual materials
- Online periodical databases including PubMed, MANTIS, the Index to Chiropractic Literature, among others
- Six study rooms available for private or group study
- A computer lab with 46 fully loaded work stations offering Internet access, word processing, document scanning, and other software applications
For currently enrolled TCC students, as well as faculty and staff, many of the library's electronic databases are now available off-campus... learn more.
The library employs three professional librarians and two paraprofessionals to answer questions, assist in locating information, explain the use of library tools, aid in research, and provide interlibrary loans.
Borrowing periods for TCC library materials are as follows:
General books: Two weeks, one renewal
Reserve books: Overnight or library use only
Reference books: Library use only
Journals: Library use only
Special Collections: Library use only
Patrons will be charged a fine for any item returned after the designated due date.
General books: $0.10 per day, per item
Reserve books: $0.50 per hour, per item after 9 a.m. or $10 per subsequent day, per item.
The borrower must pay for any materials that are lost or irreparably damaged.
Library hours are:
7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays
7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays
12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sundays
The library is closed on Saturdays. Extended hours are posted during exam periods.
Contact the Library
We encourage you to contact the Mae Hilty Memorial Library at the following numbers:
Main Desk: (281) 998-6049
Reference: (281) 998-6052
Director: (281) 998-6095
Fax: (281) 487-4168