International students are an essential part of the student body at Texas Chiropractic College. The vibrant range of life experiences, backgrounds, and beliefs they bring to our campus culture is truly invaluable.
As an international applicant, you will find that TCC provides a very personalized and supportive process for admission. If you have any questions about applying to TCC, we encourage you to contact us at 1-800-468-6839 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Apply
Classes begin three times per year—January, May, and September. Applications are accepted at any time, but we recommend that you apply at least six months in advance of the term in which you wish to enter TCC.
All international applicants for admission must complete all details of the application procedure. Documentation required includes:
- 1.The application and a non-refundable application fee of $50 USD.
- 2. Official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions, which must be sent directly to an academic credentials evaluation service* that is approved by the U.S. Department of Education. Please request that their reports include course-by-course evaluation including course titles, credit hours, and grades earned, and that they be sent directly to TCC.
- 3. A two-page essay, double spaced, which reflects why you wish to become a chiropractor and why you have chosen TCC.
- 4. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation—forms can be obtained online. One of the recommendations should be from a Doctor of Chiropractic and the other should be from a professor or instructor that knows the applicant.
- 5. Evidence of having financial resources sufficient to complete at least one full year of full-time attendance at TCC. This can be achieved by submitting bank statements or letters from supporting organizations or individuals.
- 6. Evidence of proficiency in reading and writing English and an understanding of oral communication in English is required of non-native English speakers. This can be achieved by submitting either:1) a minimum score of 500 (or 173 computer based or 61 internet based) on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL); or 2) a minimum score of 6 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). One of these tests is required of an applicant whose native language is not English.
- 7. All applicants MUST complete required coursework prior to entering the program.
*NACES Members are approved for these evaluations.
International applicants must meet all other applicable legal requirements for study in the United States. For current SEVIS information, please refer to the U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement SEVIS.
For additional information about how to obtain an F1 educational visa and required paperwork, visit http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/study-exchange/student.html.
Note: The procedure for processing international applications with transcript evaluations will take a minimum of three months for completion. All fees and tuition deposits must be in U.S. currency.