All applicants must have completed by the term of enrollment the following courses:
- A minimum of 90 semester credit hours with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Within the 90 minimum credit hours, students must have at least 24 hours of life/physical sciences (See suggested courses below)
- Half of the life/physical sciences must have corresponding laboratory work
- Students must have a well-rounded education in the social sciences and humanities
Students with a GPA between 2.75-2.99 or with less than 24 hours of life/physical sciences may still be eligible for an alternative admission track plan and should speak to an admission counselor for details
Suggested Life and Physical Sciences:
General Biology, Anatomy, Physiology, Zoology, General or Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology.
Coursework in Kinesiology and Exercises Science will be considered upon evaluation of a course description. Of the 24 hours of life and physical sciences, half must have a substantive laboratory component.
** Houston Community College - Southeast Campus offers accelerated 8-week science courses. For more information, contact HCC at 281-718-7056.
International prospective students have additional requirements and may be required to demonstrate a proficiency in oral and written English by scores on the test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Contact the Admissions Office for more information.
A candidate's pre-professional education can be acquired through institutional proficiency examinations such as:
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Institutional departmental examinations
Credits earned in this manner may NOT be applied to any of the science prerequisites in biology, chemistry or physics. A maximum of 20 credit hours is allowed.