Transferring to Texas Chiropractic College
Students who transfer to TCC from other chiropractic colleges are valued members of our campus community. We are committed to working closely with transfer students and providing individualized guidance as well as a streamlined process.
Transfer applicants must submit the following materials to be considered for admission into TCC’s DC program:
- A completed application for admission (incomplete applications will not be processed; write “N/A” where not applicable)
- A $50 application fee (non-refundable; payable to Texas Chiropractic College)
- Your official transcripts mailed directly from ALL colleges/universities you’ve attended
- One recommendation form mailed to TCC’s Admissions Office directly from your DC reference.
- A two- to three-page personal essay (typed and double-spaced) on why you’ve chosen a chiropractic career and why you want to attend TCC specifically
- A completed TCC transfer form to be sent directly from previous chiropractic college
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher from previous chiropractic college (students with a cumulative GPA below a 2.0 are not eligible for transfer credit)
Credits can only be transferred from:
- Colleges having accredited status with the Council on Chiropractic Education
- A program accredited as a first accrediting agency
- A graduate program in an academic discipline closely related to the health sciences offered by an institution which is recognized by a national accrediting agency
TCC will only accept transfer credits recorded on an official transcript of the issuing institution with an equivalent grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or better.
Transferring courses must be substantially equivalent in quality, content, and depth to those at TCC in order for transfer credit to be given. Credits accepted for transfer must have been awarded within five years of the date of admission to TCC.
Completion of over one-third of the total credits required for graduation - inclusive of Clinic Clerkship I, II, III, and IV - MUST be completed in residence at TCC.
Determination of course equivalencies will be determined by the TCC Registrar whose decision will be final.
Scholarships for Transfer Students
Transfer students may be eligible for awards and scholarships, however they cannot be considered for class valedictorian/salutatorian.