The Mae Hilty Memorial Library
The Mae Hilty Memorial Library was founded in 1953, by the Ladies Auxiliary of the Texas Chiropractic Association. The library was named to honor Mae Fivecoat Hilty, a chiropractor’s wife who gave her life saving a nephew from drowning. With Mae Hilty as an inspiration, the library continued to grow and, in 1982, moved to its current location in TCC’s Learning Resource Center.
The TCC library exists to support the scholarship of students and faculty, and to assist in providing information to the chiropractic community at large. Toward this aim, the library offers a variety of services to its patrons, and collects books, journals, and audiovisual materials in the disciplines of chiropractic, basic science, medicine, and clinical techniques. The Library also provides facilities for group and individual study, computer use, and photocopying.