SUMMER SERIES SIGN UP CLICK HERE
FALL SERIES SIGN UP CLICK HERE
PURCHASE YOUR ACUPUNCTURE KIT HERE
After registering, participants need to complete the Acupuncture Informed Consent to Treat form and email it to email@example.com.
About the Course
This program is comprehensive, sequenced and succinct. Clinical theories and techniques are followed by musculoskeletal disorders, metabolic disorders ranging from digestive to women’s health concerns. Learning methods include lecture, slide presentation, live-classroom demonstration, video demonstration and in-classroom supervised hands-on instruction & technique practice. Doctors who complete this program are well prepared to provide acupuncture and related techniques to safely and effectively address most musculoskeletal and neurological complaints, as well as many internal disorders commonly seen in chiropractic practice.
- 100 hours of Live Instruction with Integrated Clinical Training, Demonstration & Practice Sessions: Clinical training comprises 50 of the 100 hours of coursework, wherein participants practice clean needle handling, needle technique, point location, and the hands-on implementation of diagnostic frameworks such as tongue and pulse diagnosis.
- Traditional Acupuncture Techniques and Diagnosis: Participants learn how to apply the theories and skills needed to diagnose patients and formulate treatments according to traditional acupuncture diagnostic frameworks commonly known as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
- Contemporary Acupuncture Theory: In addition to traditional theories, this program includes contemporary neurological and physiological perspectives on how acupuncture works, and the best practices for integration into a chiropractic practice.
- Contemporary Acupuncture & Dry-Needle Treatment Techniques: In addition to traditional needling techniques, contemporary treatment styles employing release of trigger points and myofascial stress patterns are covered in some depth.
- Acupuncture-Related Techniques: In addition to invasive needling techniques, the program includes practical instruction moxibustion, cupping, gua-sha, electro-acupuncture, and laser-acupuncture.
- Faculty: All faculty members are Doctors of Chiropractic who are dual-licensed in acupuncture or have extensive training and experience in acupuncture, Doctors of Oriental Medicine, and/or Licensed Acupuncturists. All faculty members have extensive experience teaching acupuncture to chiropractors and other healthcare providers.
- Lecture Notes are supplied for all classes.
Participants are eligible to take the NBCE Acupuncture Exam upon successful completion of the entire course.
About the Instructor
Dr. Ventresca is a Principal and Lead Instructor for AcuPractice Seminars and Faculty at OnlineContinuingEd, LLC. He has trained thousands of Oriental medical students, chiropractors, medical doctors, doctors of Oriental medicine, nurses, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals across all aspects of acupuncture and Oriental medicine. He is a licensed Doctor of Oriental Medicine in New Mexico, licensed Acupuncturist in Massachusetts and a Diplomate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. A 1984 graduate and past faculty of both the New England School of Acupuncture and Southwest Acupuncture College, Dr. Ventresca was among the first group of acupuncturists in the U.S. to become a board-certified Diplomate of Acupuncture with the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
Curriculum & Learning Objectives
- Clinical Fundamentals: Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and contemporary Western bio-medical theories of acupuncture, with a focus on those theories that have a strong clinical application.
- Points & Meridians: Acupuncture Points and Meridians, Trigger Points, & Motor Points focusing on those points that are particularly effective in practice.
- Clinical Techniques: Traditional acupuncture needling techniques, contemporary “dry-needle” style treatment, traditional & contemporary invasive and non-invasive acupuncture-related techniques.
- Acupuncture Microsystems: Select points and techniques from Auriculotherapy, Hand acupuncture, Chinese and Japanese Scalp acupuncture, the Ventresca Method, and other distinct acupuncture systems.
All cancellations and requests for refunds must be submitted to the Texas Chiropractic College Postgraduate Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received by 4-weeks prior to the start of a session will receive a refund minus a $75 early cancellation fee. Cancellations received after that will receive a refund minus a $125 late cancellation fee.
No refunds will be given as of 1-week prior to the start of a session. Weather-related refunds will not be granted.